Monday, December 12, 2011

Potty Time

Have I mentioned that Emerson is completely potty-trained? No? I'm not sure how I missed posting this fantastic news. It happened back in October when I was in Arizona and Clay was home with the kids.

Yup. I went on vacation and came back to a potty trained daughter. 
Doesn't get much better than that.


Clay deserves all the credit. 

Granted we were moving in that direction before I left, but Em was pretty stubborn about preferring to be super lazy and just potty in her pullup; it took a few days of steady encouragement and gentle reminders from her daddy, and sister was good to go.


It's been two months of only big girl undies and we haven't had a single accident. 

She's an old pro at the whole using the potty thing.


The goals that Clay and I had set for back in January, goals that I thought may be too lofty for our sweet baby girl of only two years, she met with determination and curiosity and trust.

She's off the bottle, she's moved from her crib to a toddler bed (to a fancy twin bed), and she kicked her sucky habit.  She has pierced ears and painted toenails and rides her own tricycle and counts to twenty and holds conversations.

And she's still only two!
For three and a half more months.
And I'm going to savor each day with my little big girl, who's growing up so very fast.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Em! Looks like you'll be an overachievr like your mommy!

    ReplyDelete