Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rainy Day Box (On a Sunny Day)

I knew immediately when Emerson woke up this morning that she was feeling better. It may have been the way she poked my eyeballs repeatedly until I opened them. Or perhaps it was her direct dash into her brother's room to steal Bear from his sleeping owner, stepping on Snowmeow's tail along the way.

"Sowwee!" At least she's polite in her terrorizing.

Her fever finally subsided late yesterday evening but her daycare requires 24-fever-free-hours before she can return, so it's one more sick day for my children and me.

Thank heavens for this Rainy Day box that my mother-in-law made for Narls.


She filled it with damn near every art supply that a child would need - spill proof paints, construction paper, glitter glue, retractable makers, foam stickers, crayons, and so. much. more.


The kids and I spent a good couple of hours creating masterpieces.




And I got to drink a whole cup of coffee without reheating it.  It's the little things, folks.

1 comment: