Monday, August 20, 2012

Perspective


It's been a rough week. 

Narls spilt Clay's wine all over our living room rug; Em knocked over the floorlamp and shattered the globe; Lainey chewed the leg of the coffee table. 

 I know, I know: nice things, you can't have them with kids & puppies. And even though I know this, I still want to cry.  Ok, I did cry.

 And then I facebooked it because I was still wound up and wanted to vent.


It was only then, after getting a ton of responses from some amazing women who are good friends and amazing mothers, that I started feeling better.  

They reminded me that this is life and those are only things and I'm not alone.  

Personally I know I put a lot of pressure on myself to manage it all: raise happy kids, sustain a satisfying marriage, keep a perfect house, live a healthy lifestyle, maintain a fulfilling career...

It's a lot. Maybe too much. I fully believe a person can have it all, but maybe just not at the same time. Give and take. Balance.  Perspective.

Otherwise, I'm just going to find myself in corner, clutching pieces of broken glass, crying over spilled wine. And I can tell you from experience, that's no fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment