Sunday, June 17, 2012

We Are the Lucky Ones


One of the questions I get asked a lot is how I find the time to do everything I do. Yes, I sleep :) and yes, I drink a lot of coffee, but honestly it's 100% because of my husband. He is my complete and total partner and I am able to keep a full plate because he's right there next to me, encouraging me when I get tired and catching anything I drop, while still managing his full plate. He is my rock, my best friend.

I drop the kids off, he picks them up. I get dinner prepped in the morning, he gets dinner made in the evening. When I'm in the laundry room folding clothes, he's outside mowing the lawn. We are a team and I wouldn't be half the woman I am without him.

How I wish I could adequately tell him how much he means to me and how important he is for our family.  Our babies are so lucky and I hope they never forget that.  So happy father's day to my husband, who works so hard at everything he does and rarely complains. Who will be at his office for 50+ hours a week (on a slow week) only to come home and wrestle with Narls and play Barbies with Em and love on me. Who limits our kids' tv/computer time, who encourages them to get outside, who sparks their imaginations and reads them the best stories and lets them learn their lessons and loves them wholeheartedly.

Oh how we love you ♥  

No comments:

Post a Comment