Friday, February 24, 2012

Dining in Style

Clean eating is still going strong for us, but I gotta say, it can be frustrating to put the time and effort into shopping for healthy ingredients and then come home and put in the hours to make the meal, only to have my kids eat a couple bites and be done. 

I stick with it though.  A month ago the four of us were grossed out by asparagus. Today, it's one of our most favorite vegetables.  It's working and we're getting there, but it's definitely challenging.

One of my personal challenges was our dishes.  I've never bought new dishes.  For the past 13 years, since I've been living on my own, I've been using these old-fashioned country blue & pink daisy set that was handed down to me.  They did the job but they weren't cute. At all. 

So for the past month, I've been buying pieces here and there to create a dinnerware set that was more our style.  I bought an ecletic mix from TJ Maxx, Anthropologie, and Pier 1, and now I completely look forward to setting our dining table. Who knew something as simple as the right dish pattern could spice up dinner?




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love that it's not a matchy-matchy set, and it's completely true to you.

    ReplyDelete