Monday, February 21, 2011

Sick Day

On Valentine's Day my littlest Valentine came down with a cold. After an, um, particularly affectionate Valentine's night, Clay and I stumbled into bed to find a very hot sleeping Emerson. As luck would have it we had nothing to bring down her temp, so I headed to the drug store at midnight for some Tylenol and Motrin.


The medicines helped to bring down her fever but Em still wasn't feeling any better the next morning so I took the day off to stay home and take care of her.


The only time she left my chest...


was to crawl into my lap.


So there I sat in the middle of the floor, back burning as I had nothing to lean against, while my little girl rested in my lap.  I rubbed her back and stroked her cheek and took a bit of comfort in the snuggles of my otherwise very independent daughter.


Sometimes you hafta take when you can get.

2 comments:

  1. Awuh :( Poor little girl. I hate when babies are sick. I hope she's feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor babe. Both kiddos are sick today, so I understand completely.

    ReplyDelete