Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer Tradition: Blueberry Picking


It was a beautiful summer day so the Church family did something we absolutely love to do: pick blueberries.  





We also fed a couple goats, and grabbed some wine. 
All in a day's trip.
 Fun.

Last summer, I made a blueberry mojito that was to die for. This year, I baked up some blueberry banana bread...



and the most perfect blueberry crisp. Good lord blueberries make everything more amazing.



Feel free to print out the recipes, they're the perfect addition to your recipe box.
xo

5 comments:

  1. Aw, this looks like so much fun! :) I'm such a big fan of blueberry banana bread. I'll have to try this recipe.

    The recipe I use when I make blueberry banana bread is from this book I've had since I was a child called "The Rainbow Bakery" (amazon has it here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Rainbow-Bakery-Adventure-Childrens/dp/B000B789EQ/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1377933658&sr=8-15&keywords=alpha-bakery) It has so many great fun recipes for kids and even now I still enjoy that book so much. Just thought I'd tell you about it because it might be something you and your kids would have cooking with (the recipes are so yummy and easy)! I also have the Alpha-Bakery book, which is just as awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book looks awesome! I will definitely be checking it out. Thanks so much for the rec, Victoria <3

      Delete
  2. Okay Okay, I'm convinced you're more northern in Michigan than I ever was. I don't recall being able to go blueberry picking! Strawberry, apple, and pumpkin, yes- blueberries- nope. :( Looks delicious though! Very jelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are near Flint. My husband's mom lives very much "up north", near Higgins Lake, and she has wild blueberries growing in her yard :)

      Delete
  3. I just went to a blueberry festival last weekend. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete