Tuesday, May 3, 2011

We All Got Needs

It was a tough Monday. Which followed a long weekend of getting stuff done around the house. I NEEDED this wine. And I needed the quietness that follows after both kids are in their beds and Clay and I fall back into the couch and relax.


The wine was just poured when I heard footsteps. And giggles. The sounds of a little boy sneaking out of his room when he should be sleeping.  And my tempered flared and I stomped into the living room ready to drag my boy back to his bed and reclaim my zen.


But how could I stay mad at that face?


So he stayed. For a few minutes at least. Enough time for him get some mumma & daddy time without a little sister demanding half the attention and half the hugs.  He needed that. 

1 comment:

  1. I think that's the sweetest thing (and sometimes it hard to remember as well!). They just need that special cuddle and that reassurement that they are still so loved.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...